Friday, January 02, 2009


Snuggie: An Enigma Wrapped in a Mystery

While I was home last week, I saw all of these commercials that I don't see so much at home. I don't know if it is because I don't watch that much TV or if it is because I don't have cable or because no one sends away for things in this part of the country...but I realized that I had not been given the opportunity to pay $19.99 or $29.95 to send away for a product that will change my life.

Nothing has really changed (in fact, some products like the Bedazzler, are now available again) except that now they add a charge for "Processing and Handling" instead of the "Shipping and Handling" charges I remember from childhood. As you know, "processing" is much more sophisticated and a much more believable charge than "shipping."

Just the other day on Facebook, someone was talking about a product that had me cracking up laughing when I first saw it: Snuggie. What is a snuggie? I'm glad you asked. Why it is a money-saving, life-altering blanket with sleeves of course! Snuggie has taken on a life of its own, inspiring a cult of Snuggie and at least one parody.

To me, it looks like a Star Trek costume, but who am I to judge? I have yet to design a garment that can make anyone's life easier...

No comments: