Wednesday, May 20, 2009


The Art of Finding Lost Things

Just yesterday a friend reminded me that you never find what you are looking for when you are looking for it. Case in point: if I lose something, I often don't find it until I start looking for something else that I've misplaced. Now, car/house keys must be found immediately...everything else can wait. If I lose an earring, I may not see it again until I am looking for a headband that I can't find. The headband may turn up as I am trying to find a shirt.

So what do I have to lose to find the remote??!!

1 comment:

scormeny said...

Here's what it takes for me -- announcing exasperatedly that I can't find something and that my bf must have moved it. Then, all of a sudden I see it staring at me in exactly the spot that I must have left it myself ... it seems that the humiliation of a false accusation finally focuses my attention.